Thread: thread missing

Futanartis

Royal Guard
    is Scared! T_T

Post Thanks / Like

Default thread missing

my SL thread is missing, was not active since a couple of month ago... I started it like back in 2007 or 2012 and now is no where to be found, was it removed? and if it's so ...WHY?

No sir, I don't like it.

Noble
    is up to something.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: thread missing

The Staff have been deleting old threads from the server because the server was literally running out of space. Check with Rarzor or Echoen to see if your thread happened to be deleted or archived.

Futanartis

Royal Guard
    is Scared! T_T

Post Thanks / Like

Got confirmation from Echoen was deleted "under this criteria", of course was a big thread, was over 10 years of activities which i keep adding stuff along the years; was like a diary. A diary now taken from me and trowed in the fire.

Fells like getting kick out for good from this forum

Guess i must be a terrible person to deserve this... anyway, Thanks for allowing me to use this site for so long. going to become a anonymous lurker like everyone else.

Bye bye!

Futanari Courtier
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Fugazi,

Here is some information from me, and an apology.

The last activity in the thread was 22nd February 2018.

The thread itself consumed 5.8 gigabytes of space.

At the rate FP was running out of space, and the horrific state of the "spaghetti code" on the backend, I created a project to delete threads both larger than 1GB and also met an inactivity criteria that we mods agreed on. I'm the one who approved the selection criteria.

There were a total of 446 threads deleted, all of which were larger than 1GB (largest was 38GB), and all of which were inactive for at least 6 months. Your thread was not specifically targeted.

In the time since you notified us of the thread's removal, I have clarified our backup/restore capabilities. The php codebase on the backend of FP is in such abysmal state that the backup cannot be accessed. It is a primary reason (if not THE reason) that we are attempting to build a new website (and are still in dire need of coders and UI designers). Attempting to access the backup will likely cause the entire site to cease functioning entirely, and even if we could get to it, it would delete all content created since March.

FP is floating by, month by month. There are no funds other than the monthly donations that keep any of this active, and the ancient software the site runs on can only get worse. I've had 2 experienced developers deep dive into the backend to confirm all of this, a project that took them over a month of their own time for no pay.

Ultimately, this was a project I launched, a decision I approved, and there is not a solution to restore the thread. I understand that thread meant a great deal to you. Just as the thousands of stories and RPs mean a great deal to the mind-bogglingly huge number of people that continue to use this site every day (about 1500, give or take). I'm committed to preserving what can be preserved, until such a time that they can be ported over to the new site, if/when Futanari 2.0 ever becomes real.

I had to sacrifice hundreds of people's years of work on (mostly) image threads in order to keep the rest of the site stable. I chose to be as impartial as possible, and delegate the work to the mod team. I am sorry your 11 year thread got deleted.

My goal is to ensure that the entire site doesn't get deleted before we can save -something-. We survive only on donations, mods and coders are working only as volunteers, and this is unlikely to change until we have a website that isn't at risk of imploding.

Condolences,
    Echoen