Thread: qq: quick question

Servant

Post Thanks / Like

Default qq: quick question

heyho Gents and Ladies,
    i just want to qq. No really i m wondering why i have to re-log-in on FP every time i click on a new thread or turn a page. Its like all 5 seconds i get logged out :-(
    I couldn t find anything that refers to that "problem" (yeah copy and paste makes my name easier especially when your # isn t working properly)....
    So my question is : am i logged out cause of tor-browser or what may the reason be?
    Thanks in advance

so far greetings from
    G'ho rijin Drak'kar

Edit: And yes... i logged in twice to post this (three times with the edit)

Councilor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: qq: quick question

I don't know how Tor works so I have no idea. Someone more knowledgeable may be able to weigh in on that. I'll signal them to this thread.

Looking for someone to RP with

Commander
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G'ho rijin Drak'kar View Post
    heyho Gents and Ladies,
    i just want to qq. No really i m wondering why i have to re-log-in on FP every time i click on a new thread or turn a page. Its like all 5 seconds i get logged out :-(
    I couldn t find anything that refers to that "problem" (yeah copy and paste makes my name easier especially when your # isn t working properly)....
    So my question is : am i logged out cause of tor-browser or what may the reason be?
    Thanks in advance

so far greetings from
    G'ho rijin Drak'kar

Edit: And yes... i logged in twice to post this (three times with the edit)
    Yes, it will most likely be due to the use of Tor Browser. If cookies aren't enable then the session is getting cleaned up. A session has a chance to be deleted each time it is called, this is garbage clean up process. The cookie in the browser helps keep the session alive.

Also, it is pointless to use Tor Browser if you are going to login to a website since you lose your anonymity. At that point, your location is about the only thing that isn't tracked.

The Circle is Now Complete

Councilor
    is only a master of evil

Post Thanks / Like

There's also the "remember me" box you need to tick when logging in although I don't know if that would help when using Tor.

Servant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MM9000 View Post
    Yes, it will most likely be due to the use of Tor Browser. If cookies aren't enable then the session is getting cleaned up. A session has a chance to be deleted each time it is called, this is garbage clean up process. The cookie in the browser helps keep the session alive.

Also, it is pointless to use Tor Browser if you are going to login to a website since you lose your anonymity. At that point, your location is about the only thing that isn't tracked.
    yeah i know that logging in on tor is making you kind of known - but tor is my standard to use so anyways it's already open to be used
    But thanks for the answer: time to change strategy then

problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Altamira View Post
    I don't know how Tor works so I have no idea. Someone more knowledgeable may be able to weigh in on that. I'll signal them to this thread.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire View Post
    There's also the "remember me" box you need to tick when logging in although I don't know if that would help when using Tor.
    nope it doesn't

so far greetings from
    G'ho rijin Drak'kar
    Last edited by G'ho rijin Drak'kar; 9th June 2017 at 10:53. Reason: i hate my tasta