Thread: Dem [code] Tag Format

Groper of Futa crotches

Councilor
    is a fapping hentai pr0n artist!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dem [code] Tag Format

I understand that WYSIWYG offers an advantage when typing out posts and being able to apply effects to formats and such, but when it comes to using the [CODE] tag, it kinda goes to shits. Could there be a way to prevent WYSIWYG from messing up texts wrapped in [CODE] tags? Reason being is because if there is a template format that GM's want people to use be it for writing up a character sheet or formatting IC posts, they want the format to be easily copypasta and this is very important when it comes to hyperlinking or tagging ref images and such.
    Spoiler for Active RPs:
    Spoiler for Posting Format:

Looking for someone to RP with

Commander
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dem [code] Tag Format

Quote Originally Posted by Biles View Post
    I understand that WYSIWYG offers an advantage when typing out posts and being able to apply effects to formats and such, but when it comes to using the [CODE] tag, it kinda goes to shits. Could there be a way to prevent WYSIWYG from messing up texts wrapped in [CODE] tags? Reason being is because if there is a template format that GM's want people to use be it for writing up a character sheet or formatting IC posts, they want the format to be easily copypasta and this is very important when it comes to hyperlinking or tagging ref images and such.
    Can you be a little mote specific on what formatting you are referring to? The [code] tags maintains all white space and indentation within, while also using a monospaced font (each character takes up the same space).

Groper of Futa crotches

Councilor

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, this thread I made was premature as someone just messaged me the solution I needed to get. Sorry for the trouble though. However though, could we have some link that gives users a list of all the BB codes for easy convenience?
    Spoiler for Active RPs:

Commander
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you provide the solution here in case other members have a similar problem.

As for the BBCodes, here is a link to vBulletin that has a list of the BBCodes that should work. Now I believe some can be turned off (not 100% sure on that) or it might include tags no implemented in our version, so some might not work. Best thing to do it test with preview.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

Groper of Futa crotches

Councilor

Post Thanks / Like

The solution was using the [NOPARSE] tag. However, it was kinda hard looking for it on the forums so I wracked my brains trying to find what I needed to get.
    Spoiler for Active RPs:

Commander
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Biles;1249735]The solution was using the [NOPARSE] tag. However, it was kinda hard looking for it on the forums so I wracked my brains trying to find what I needed to get.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I see what you were getting at. You wanted it setup so it has the BBCode already there for them. The link I provided does show [NOPARSE] in there and provides examples.

Groper of Futa crotches

Councilor

Post Thanks / Like

I find it weird that the [NOPARSE] seems to deny any code that it gets wrapped in just like when you quoted me. And on top of that, it sees to behave like an [HR] that doesn't require an ending tag for some reason. It's an odd creature if you ask me.
    Spoiler for Active RPs: