Thread: Fate/Stay Night 2014

Default Fate/Stay Night 2014

I couldn't find a current thread for the upcoming Fate/Stay Night anime and was simply curios if anybody would be interested in seeing one. For those that don't already know what Fate/Stay Night is, it was originally a visual novel that was created by Type-Moon. It has a pretty in-depth plot and has quite a few very interesting characters as well.

What we know about the new animation so far. The project is being handled by Ufotable, the same people that also created the anime adaptation for Fate/Zero which happened to have a booming success, which is also likely the reason we are even lucky enough to get another anime adaptation of Fate/Stay Night.

I mainly created this thread for any speculations or theory's and opinions anyone might have on the new anime. As well as updates on the project when we get some more information.

Superheroine Yuri Lover

Fleet Admiral

The Inner Circle

Default Re: Fate/Stay Night 2014

Why re-do it? I enjoyed the original. TRUE, it didn't follow the manga's direction, however I thought it was a well-done piece of anime. Get me a dubbed version of Carnival Phantasm and Fate/Zero first, then we can talk about re-doing Fate/Stay Night!

Fate/Zero has been dubbed I believe. When the american region of Fate/Zero released. Or perhaps it's still yet to release. But for someone that has previously read the visual novel to Fate/Stay Night then the anime adaptations of Fate/Stay Night that currently exist are absolutely horrendous, no where near as good as the Fate/Zero anime adaptation. So I honestly believe it's only fair that Fate/Stay Night also gets something of equal quality.

Superheroine Yuri Lover

Fleet Admiral

The Inner Circle

I too, am reading the manga, and might enjoy a re-adaptation of the series. However, which arc would it be? The Heaven's Feel? The Unlimited Blade Works route? The original. No matter which one you go with, there will probably be people who wanted something else. I'll put support behind this, cross my fingers, and hope for the best. My #1 concern in translation from manga to video is still Battle Angel Alita, which James Cameron is suppose to do between Avatar 2 &3!
    My Yuri artist's appreciation thread Yuri Artists

Quick link to 2-D Artist's Library

Game Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Futanari Courtier

From what I heard the new one is gonna be an adaptation of Heaven's Feel. I for one am really looking forward to see Saber Alter kicking ass. \o/

Stay Night was covered on the first anime series and Unlimited Blade Works got it's movie so makes sense for HF to be the next one. While it is by far the most brutal and sadistic of all 3, it is also one of the more rewarding in my oppinion. I just hope they don't let the butcher touch it or madness might ensue.

As far as I know that is a false rumor. I don't think Ufotable have confirmed what route they will be covering, I wouldn't be upset if they decided to do Heaven's Feel but I would much prefer if they ended up covering all three route individually over a couple years. But that's quite unlikely. Also the argument of Fate an UBW already having an adaptation is quite invalid in my opinion considering that the Fate route apparently is a mix and match of all the routes and is often called incredibly disappointing. And a movie was nowhere near enough to cover all of UBW and it was too rushed. A lot of fans refuse to even acknowledge that Deen created adaptations for the Fate and UBW routes. I think it's safe to say that a lot of fans will be quite upset if they only decide to give Heaven's Feel a decent adaptation while leaving the other two routes with their former garbage adaptations.

Superheroine Yuri Lover

Fleet Admiral

The Inner Circle

New video for it
    My Yuri artist's appreciation thread Yuri Artists

Quick link to 2-D Artist's Library

seems like an remade version of 1st one with some background from latest, hope it's not predictable.
    Ashes to ashes dust to dust

Nah, I doubt it'll be anything like that. I believe they were mainly showing footage from Fate/Zero to create a bigger impact on the young characters in Fate/Zero when they are all grown up in Fate/Stay Night. As for which route they are doing, that remains to be confirmed. Though at the moment it's looking like it'll probably be Heaven's Feel.