Thread: Ghost in the Shell: Arise

Palace Champion

I used to live in a magic flying city/ magic guild... now I live in a van down by the river.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ghost in the Shell: Arise

Ghost in the Shell: Arise

Ghost in the Shell: Arise is an OVA consisting of four 50-minute episodes, being directed by Kazichiki Kase, who has been the Key Animator for the good majority of Production I.G's works, including the original Ghost in The Shell movies and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Tow Ubukata, of Fafner In The Azure Dead Aggressor and Mardock Scramble fame, is in charge of writing the scripts Kenji Kamiyama has confirmed that he is not involved in this project. The initial concept was approved and fleshed out by Shirow Masamune himself.

The story of the first installment, Ghost Pain, is set in 2027, one year after the end of the fourth non-nuclear war. New Port City is still reeling from the war's aftermath when it suffers a bombing caused by a self-propelled mine. Then, a military member implicated in arms-dealing bribes is gunned down.During the investigation, Public Security Section's Daisuke Aramaki encounters Motoko Kusanagi, the cyborg, wizard-level hacker assigned to the military's 501st Secret Unit. Batou, a man with the "eye that does not sleep," suspects that Kusanagi is the one behind the bombing. The Niihama Prefectural Police detective Togusa is pursuing his own dual cases of the shooting death and a prostitute's murder. Motoko herself is being watched by the 501st Secret Unit's head Kurutsu and cyborg agents.The series also has a manga adaptation that will release at the same time as each episode.

There is currently no info to my knowledge of a US release, however considering the history of the franchise a US release feels inevitable. Let us all pray to Althena that whoever has/gets the rights to it is smart enough to reunite the outstanding Stand Alone Complex dub cast. Amen.

For those of you into the Japanese voices it is worth mentioning that the series will have a whole new cast.

There has been some criticism of the new character designs, all I can say about that is this: Given what the current state of the anime industry and the trends of what Japanese consumers are into these days, we should all be thankful as fuck that they didn't make The Major into a fucking Moeblob!

Either way, who else here can't wait to see it?

Riley's Princess

Noble
    is rawr

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ghost in the Shell: Arise

I'm certainly looking forward to it. Any idea as to when the Japanese release is coming?

Also, at moe blob Kusanagi.

~*I love video games!*~

Palace Champion

I used to live in a magic flying city/ magic guild... now I live in a van down by the river.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ghost in the Shell: Arise

This is the closest I could find to Moe Major.

What the Americans want in their anime

What the Japanese want in their anime

Am I wrong? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Either Way From Wikipedia:
    Films

The first of the films (referred to as "Borders") in the series, subtitled Ghost Pain, is scheduled for limited cinematic release in Japan on June 22, 2013.[3] The official website states that the film is set in the year 2027, a year following the end of the non-nuclear World War IV. A bomb has gone off in Newport City, killing a major arms dealer who may have ties with the mysterious 501 Organization. Public Security official Daisuke Aramaki hires full-body cyber prosthesis user and hacker extraordinaire Motoko Kusanagi to investigate, but on the case with her are "Sleepless Eye" Batou who believes Kusanagi is a criminal, Niihama Prefecture Detective Togusa who is investigating a series of prostitute murders he believes are related to the incident, and Lieutenant Colonel Kurtz of the 501 Organization who also wishes to keep an eye on Kusanagi.[4][5] A recurring part of the films will be the mysterious Fire Starter (ファイア・スターター Faia Sutātā?) computer virus, as well as looking into the lives of Batou and Togusa before the formation of Public Security Section 9.[6]